TravelBud turns 10!
Celebrating 10 Amazing Years
Founded in 2013, we’ve grown to offer an incredible selection of Teach Abroad programs and have assisted thousands of teachers to experience personal and professional growth from their year abroad.
10 Fun Facts
Our headquarters are in Cape Town and we have satellite offices in Asia, Europe and Central America with remote team members who collaborate efficiently from all over the world.
Reviews and Testimonials
Fun loving Team Members
Programs in 10 Countries
Awards & Nominations
Countries we've collectively travelled to
To celebrate a phenomenal decade, we’ve got some amazing giveaways and competitions!
NOTE: Discount no longer valid
We’re giving you the Enrolment fee at the price it was 10 years ago in 2013 when “Thrift Shop” was at the top of the charts, Obama was president and the Enrolment fee was only $350.
DISCOUNT NO LONGER VALIUD
For just $350 USD, you can now secure your spot on the program of your choice and start your adventure.
If you haven’t yet inquired, get started with your first step to the rest of your life!
If you’ve already inquired and you’re in the process already, reach out to your enrolments coordinator to see where you’re at and what’s next!
Do you want to find out more about Teaching English Abroad? Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you!
10 FOR 10
Since we’re celebrating 10 years- we thought we’d do a competition that we like to call 10 for 10!
All you need to know is that ten is your magic number- and the rest is up to your creativity!
The winner will be announced at the beginning of October 2023 and receive get a $200 USD flight voucher! *Cannot be redeemed for cash
TravelBud is looking for an official ambassador for our Teach English in Japan Program.
We’re looking for someone who is great with social media, loves writing, has fun new ideas and will be our representative abroad.
Anyone who is looking to travel to Japan in 2024, can apply to be the ambassador.
Once you submit your application for the Ambassador program and you’re chosen- you’ll get free placement in Japan.
This prize is valued at $1250 USD!
But it’s more than just money- it’s the chance to live your dream as a travel writer, an influencer, a teacher.
There are a couple steps to applying, so stay with us!
- Focus on generating first hand experience based content from
within Japan, as well as documenting the pre-departure process
- Post regular teach takeovers on TravelBud’s instagram
- Assist the marketing manager in the roll out of various Teach Japan
- Deliver 2 blog posts per month on interesting and informative topics to be published on the TravelBud Blog. This will include photographs (and ideally video!) as well as written content.
- Offering mentorship to new arrivals in Japan and hosting meet ups within an assigned budget provided to you by TravelBud.
Information for aspiring teachers
- Serve as the go to person for all prospective teachers for our Teach English in Japan program. You will be our local expert on all things related to Teaching in Japan – the fountain of knowledge as it were!
- You’ll also host informational webinars.
Ambassador Terms and Conditions
- Candidate must meet the requirements of the Teach English in Japan Program.
- Candidate must enroll in the program. A $1250USD discount will be applied to the candidates final program fees. The candidate is obligated to pay the difference depending on their program choice.
- The discount application cannot be redeemed for cash.
- All application long text answers/ videos can be used in future marketing campaigns
- Once enrolled and selected as ambassador, candidates must be willing to contribute to the content creation and guidelines set by travelbud.
- Candidate selection for Ambassador program to be under discretion of Travelbud.
- The applications for the competition close on September 20th, 2023.
- The winner will be announced at the end of September 2023.
- Failure to disclose important and relevant personal information pertaining to the entry requirements set forth by the chosen country will result in the termination of the aforementioned agreement with Travelbud.
- This cannot be used as part of the Lifetime Placement Guarantee for TravelBud alumni.
We assist you with all questions, planning, packing, visas, costs, documentation, budgets and booking flights. We’ll guide you through it.
24/7 in-country support
If you need any assistance or advice, or in the event of an emergency, we’ll be on hand! Our in-country partners are available and on-hand.
guaranteed job placement
We guarantee your job placement in carefully selected and background-checked schools. We handle all the hassle and stress of finding a job.
A full Cultural immersive orientation course that will help you network with fellow teachers and settle you into your new life abroad.
Here’s to the next 10 Years
Thanks to all of our loyal teachers and partners who have supported us over the years. Everyone here at TravelBud is excited about the bright future of teach and travel and the community that has been built around it!