Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the use of all websites and social media accounts owned and operated by Travelbud Holdings (Pty) Ltd (‘Travelbud’), and to all programs offered by Travelbud on www.travelbud.com (‘website’).
- Travelbud is a private company with limited liability registered in South Africa, with company registration number 2013/120278/07. For more information about its shareholders and directors click here. For Travelbud’s contact information click here.
- By using Travelbud’s website and/or registering for any of the programs offered by Travelbud, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
(b) Programs offered by Travelbud
- Travelbud offers a range of travel programs located in various parts of the world. These include, but are not limited to, educational programs, volunteering programs and teach abroad programs.
- Travelbud offers the aforesaid programs through selected partner organizations. When you register for any of these programs you will be required to agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the applicable organization, which terms and conditions will be supplied to you in advance.
- Travelbud cannot guarantee the availability of the programs we offer, but we do undertake to do our best to keep you updated as to program availability.
- The teach abroad programs offered by Travelbud are subject to you being eligible for registration based on your nationality and/or level of education or academic qualification. The eligibility requirements for each of these programs are indicated on their respective program pages, hosted on our website.
(c) Pricing and payment
- The prices for all programs offered by Travelbud are indicated on our website, and priced in United States Dollars (‘USD’) as a base currency. For ease of reference, the approximate rate of exchange to British Pounds, Euros, Canadian Dollars, Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars and South African Rands is also reflected as indicative pricing, which pricing is subject to change based on currency fluctuations.
- When you select to register for a program you will receive an invoice reflecting the amount owing for the program, either in USD or, if you are in South Africa, reflected in South African Rands at the applicate rate of exchange on the day that the invoice is rendered.
- Unless otherwise stated, the fees payable for programs do not cover any other associated costs, including but not limited to, flights, insurance, accommodation, transport, food, medical or entertainment costs. These additional costs will be for your own account.
- Certain programs require the payment of a deposit, and thereafter subsequent payment(s) prior to the commencement of the program, which will comprise the total fee for the program, as reflected on our website.
- Payment may be made via Visa, Mastercard or American Express credit and/or debit cards, or by electronic transfer into the account details reflected on your invoice.
- All credit card and debit card transactions will be acquired for Travelbud by Paypal Pte Ltd (‘PayPal’) or Paygate (Pty) Ltd (‘Paygate’) who are the approved payment gateway for First National Bank Limited. Paygate utilizes Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) security, and no credit card details are stored on our website. You may view PayPal’s terms and conditions here, and Paygate’s terms and conditions and security certificate and security policy here.
- All program fees paid to TravelBud are non-refundable.
- The website and these terms and conditions are governed by South African law, and any dispute arising in connection with the website and/or these terms and conditions is subject to South African law, and is to be determined by a court with jurisdiction in South Africa. Travelbud’s chosen address for the service of any notices or legal proceedings is: 4a Vine Street, Gardens, Cape Town, South Africa, 8001.
- Travelbud may in its sole discretion vary any of these terms and conditions, without prior notice.