Travel Insurance

It is required that all South Africans travelling to Thailand, South Korea, China, or Myanmar purchase comprehensive travel insurance prior to departing to their destination to live and teach abroad.

NB: Please note that the embassies are not accepting the standard travel insurance received from one’s medical aid or credit card. It has to be topped up with extra travel insurance to be fully covered during your time teaching abroad in Asia. Please also note that the maximum amount of time medical aid/credit card travel insurance will cover one for is 90 days.

Pin It on Pinterest