TravelBud’s Summer English Camp in Thailand offers a fantastic opportunity to travel through Thailand for 4 weeks whilst getting paid a small stipend to work and travel around the country as an English camp teacher for underprivileged children in Thailand.
[spoiler style=”2″ title=”Quick Enquiry”]
Interested in teaching English on Summer Camps in Thailand? Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you within 1 business day!
[spoiler style=”2″ title=”Program Overview”]
Better the Lives of Underprivileged Thai Children Through Teaching English at Summer English Camps in Thailand
Many local Thai communities face a great deal of poverty brought on by poor English language proficiency in the country. Teaching English to the underprivileged children in Thailand provides them with a vital skill set of English language communication which can open many employment doors to them in the future. This is a wonderful opportunity for Westerners to give back to the local community in Thailand and really make a difference to the lives of these children!
What Exactly Do TravelBud’s Summer English Camps in Thailand Entail?
TravelBud’s Summer English Camp in Thailand offers a fantastic opportunity to travel through Thailand for 4 to 6 weeks whilst getting paid a small stipend to work and travel around the country as an English camp teacher for underprivileged children in Thailand. English camp teachers are primarily based in the beautiful beach town of Hua Hin, Thailand. This is where you will receive your initial 5 days of Thai Language and Cultural orientation before heading off to several English camps over the course of the next few weeks in Thailand to teach English to underprivileged children. This is also where you will return for weekends to get some rest and recuperation and have some me-time between camps.
The Work Schedule of an English Teacher at Summer English Camps in Thailand
Basically, how your work schedule will work is that you will depart from Hua Hin to an English camp somewhere in Thailand where you will stay and work for the next 3 to 4 days. Thereafter, you will return to Hua Hin where you will have free time to relax or travel over the weekend but be sure to be ready for your next English camp at the beginning of the following week.
Receive a stipend of $100 to $150 USD teaching English on Summer English Camps in Thailand
Working as an English camp teacher on a Summer English camp in Thailand also provides some financial backing. English camp teachers receive free accommodation during their stay in Hua Hin and free accommodation and food at the English camps. You will also receive transport to and from the English camps as well as a small stipend at the end of the program of 100 to 150 USD.
[spoiler style=”2″ title=”What’s Included”]
What’s Included in Summer English Camp in Thailand program fee?
- Airport pickup and transport (provided applicant lands within four days of start date in Bangkok) to the H-Residence Hotel in Bangkok.
- Transport from Bangkok to Hua Hin for the Thai Language and Cultural Orientation.
- Accommodation in Bangkok for one night and in Hua Hin for six weeks.
- Welcome dinner – Incredible beach Braai (barbecue) on Khao Takiab beach at the end of the orientation week.
- Meals and accommodation provided during camp days.
- Health and accident insurance – This is provided free of charge when you set up a Thai bank account. You will be assisted in setting up this bank account.
- Small overall salary of between 100 and 150 USD.
- Thai Cultural orientation. This provides a great insight into Thailand and the unique culture. It’s presented by knowledgeable and experienced experts in the fields of Thai language, culture and politics.
- English camp teachers will get the unique opportunity to experience various parts of Thailand in just a matter of weeks.
- You will also get to see Thai culture in its untainted form by counselling in diverse parts of the country often rarely seen by regular travellers.
- Accommodation throughout the program is provided, but participants must pay a refundable deposit. The deposit will be refunded minus utilities.
- Transportation between various camps and back to Hua Hin will all be provided.
- Cultural excursions during the orientation week which are listed below.
Cultural Excursions during Orientation Week:
- Volunteer at the Hutsadin Elephant Sanctuary.
- Visit Pineapple Plantations and interact with local farmers.
- Traditional Thai dinner.
- Thai cooking lesson with Thai culinary expert Khun Pornpen.
- Trip to Thai national park including boat ride through Thai fishing port and mangrove forest.
- Visit to local Buddhist temple to learn about Thai religion and meditation and receive a blessing from a Thai monk.
- Visit the King’s Royal Palace.
[spoiler style=”2″ title=”Program Requirements”]
The Following is Required to Be Accepted on TravelBud’s Summer English Camp Program in Thailand
- Applicants must be first language English speakers.
- You must be in good physical and mental health.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must have sufficient funds to pay for the program fees and other associated costs of the program.
- Applicants must hold a valid passport from South Africa, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or the United States.
[spoiler style=”2″ title=”Costs & Budget”]
Program Fee: 1,315 USD
Below is a breakdown of the estimated budget you will need to have access to once in Thailand to begin the program. This budget should be more than sufficient for the time frame of the program, however, if you wish to do travelling before or after the camp program you will need to plan and compensate for this.
|Entertainment and spending money||$250 USD|
|Local transport||$100 USD|
|Refundable deposit||$110 USD|
[spoiler style=”2″ title=”In-take Calender”]
Our Summer English Camp Program kicks off every month and takes place over 4 weeks. Below are the in-take dates for the start of each camp program: